Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The State of Things


So at long last, here's an update...including pictures.
The car as it looks from the outside. List of things that have been accomplished on the exterior since last post include:
  • Rear view mirrors
  • grill
  • new headlights
  • headlight bezels (not installed yet)
  • passenger side door handle
  • hood scoop
  • beginnings of body work
  • fixing brake lights, running lights etc.
  • replaced rusted out hatch
  • Weather stripping installed (old and ugly...but it'll work for now)
What still needs to be done:
  • Side marker lights
  • body work/paint
  • find chrome trim
  • Replace left tail light lens assembly
The big project of late has been the interior. The list of things I've done there is too long to try to make...I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. It's not done yet, but it's getting there one step at a time.

Door panels+hardware. Original black. still working on cleaning them up, but they are in pretty good shape. :-)

















Refurbished dash, including carbon fiber inlay.


















Carpet, sill plates, console, shifter, etc.


















Rear panels. Also original black. In excellent shape though they still need a little more cleaning up.

















Because the shifter is a little further forward than original, I had to cut a little hole in the bottom of the glove box to make room for the E-brake. Nothing my dremel can't handle.

















Before and after pics of my upholstery job. Thank God for sisters to help w/ the sewing. :-)

















After. Not bad, eh?

















There's lots more...but that's enough for now. As you can see it's coming along. Still have quite a few pieces to finish up including the instrument panel, rear area carpet, seat covers, and headliner. Along with a bunch of smaller trim pieces.

Let me know what you think. :-)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I knew I was keeping you around for something...
The car looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait till I can actually come see it :)

And yes the geckos were out to get me!

Maria said...

I think that you left out a picture of the door that I cleaned. and all the other stuff that I cleaned. ahem.
But it is a pretty sweet car. the back seats are so comfy...