Monday, November 12, 2007

Baby Steps

My apologies for the fact that pictures are still lacking. I've been denied access to a camera, by certain circumstances. But a quick update here on what I've done so far.

Sat I picked up the car, and got it home. Everything went smoothly with that. Discovered that the rear brakes were locked up. After I got it home, I pulled the radiator/fan off, and gave the crank shaft a good yank. No joy. well, I figured as much, so I pulled out the spark plugs, marking the ignition cables as I went. I ran out and grabbed a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil, and filled up the cylinders to soak over the weekend. Hopefully it will breakup whatever corrosion is holding up the pistons.

Monday: Still no joy with the pistons...but it can take some time, so I'm not too worried as of yet. I have faith in the mystery oil. ;-) Anyway, Cedric came over this afternoon and we succeeded in getting the rear drums off and the brakes out. the pads and callipers are shot, as well as part of the Ebrake system, but the drums are solid, so I'm happy with that. So long story short, the car now rolls! which means I can take the next step of locating it in the place where I"m gonna do most of the work.

I will get pictures as soon as my family arrives back from vacation and I can steal a camera from them. :-)

No comments: