Monday, November 26, 2007

So progress of late has been hindered as I prepare a place to work on it. Winter is fast approaching, and I don't fancy working with cold metal in 20 degree weather.
I stopped by Pep boys and picked up a "portable" enclosure. basically a steel frame with a tarp over it, or a glorified tent...which ever way you want to think about it. it's 10x20, so it should give me adequate space to do what I need to. cool, huh? Hopefully tom I'll get to setting it up, and starting work on my work bench. Then, I'm gonna start the real work.

The car stands like this: Engine is still "frozen up" though I'm beginning to suspect that it is more like an out of time valve causing a jam. So the first step is I'm gonna pull off the intake and headers, and see what is goin on down there, then I'll probly end up taking the engine out, and rebuilding it, but I will make that decision when I come to it.

I also got all the door tag info, and looked up online, and discovered that my car is indeed a cobra II. I suspected as much, and I am happy, cause it means I can shamelessly dress it up with cobra furniture. :-) But I also discovered that it originally had a manual tranny in there. Wish he hadn't changed it. I may check around with the junk yards and see if they have a manual tranny that I could steal and return it to its former glory.

Once I get it enclosed, I will take pics. And from then on you can be sure of a steady flow of pics as I rebuild it.

In the mean time...if anyone actually reads this, I am taking a poll. What color scheme should I go with. I have three options, but feel free to suggest something else.

1. Yellow with black racing strips/black interior (think transformers)
2. BLACK with black interior and red highlights (some trim, upholstery, brakes etc just for bazing)
3. Dusty blue with black interior (black strips optional)

Please let me know what you think!

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Anything but yellow and black :-p...